Disclaimer: This post contains ZERO affiliate ads – I’m just sharing links to where you can find the products and giving my opinion on the products.
I dropped the ball again, and didn’t take pictures of the boxes I received from April – June for the Glam Bags or the Glam Bag Plus (aside from the previous post reviewing the May 2019 Glam Bag PLUS). I ended up bringing the boxes and bags to work for the last few months and giving away a lot of the products I didn’t want to keep.
Below is what I have left, so I can review those with you.
Interested in trying Ipsy? Click here to learn more
Alright, let’s start from left to right:
- Naked Cosmetics – Eyeshadow Powder. This is just alright, in my opinion. Goes on light and thin; I had to add several layers in order for any color to appear. I wouldn’t purchase this for myself.
- Plum Colored Matte Lip – This came in a package with two other VERY bright colors, which I was able to give away. There was a lighter purple shade, along with this plum shade (shown above), and a bright red shade as well. None of those work for me, so I was able to convince my co-workers to take two of the shades and I was left with the plum. I did try this on, however, and stained my face to hell and back. I will NEVER use it.
- R.E.P. Bio Fresh Clay Mask w/Calming Herbs – I love this mask! I love the smell of it – it’s fresh and clean and herb-y and it just feels so great! I cover my face with a layer of the mask and leave it on for 5-10 minutes, then simply wash it off! My skin feels clean and refreshed. I enjoy this mask, for sure!
- Wander Beauty – Wanderess Seascape Eyeshadow – I mentioned this in my last post about my May 2019 Glam Bag Plus – I love this eyeshadow palette! I use it in my daily makeup bag (which ironically isn’t applied daily), but it’s pigmented and smooth to set; the colors blend well and are just gorgeous.
- Half Caked – Lip Fondant – Um. Forreal? This is WORSE than the plum colored matte lipstick that I reviewed above! Again, I tried this on and I ended up staining my hands, my face, my lips were pink for like three days, and it was all over my teeth. Just terrible.
- Pixi by Petra – Lashlift Duo Mascara – I actually really like this mascara – it has two wands, one to deliver maximum coverage and another tiny brush to separate and define (can be useful on lower lashes that require more delicacy). It goes on well, though again, a little goes a long way. I’ve used this a few times and each time my eyelashes look different. It does increase length and stays on all day, so that’s a plus!
- Bellapierre Cosmetics – HD Finishing Powder – I take my blush brush and smear this over my face after I apply my makeup – I don’t notice a difference. Not sure what it does? It’s translucent so it doesn’t offer any color, which is fine, but also doesn’t really mattify the makeup either? It’s just…there. I wouldn’t purchase this for myself, just because I don’t really know what it’s for.
- Nature Lab Tokyo – Perfect Smooth Blowout Lotion – This came in my Ipsy Glam Bag PLUS and I love it! I use it after I get out of the shower and “towel dry” my hair (meaning I whip my hair back and forth) and then I’ll blow dry my hair right away. It has a light citrusy scent that I just can’t place, but it’s nice. The details list the scent as “Japanese Yuzu” (I’ve never tried it before so I can’t compare). I like that the scent doesn’t stick around once I blow dry my hair – it fades but the result is smooth, soft, non-frizzy hair! The price is reasonable, so this is a product that I would purchase for myself.
- C.E.O. Sunday Riley Vitamin C Rich Hydration Cream (not pictured) – I love this stuff! It has a light orange scent and goes on thick – a little goes a long way and it says you can use it morning and night, but I would personally recommend night only. I used it one morning before work and I was super moisturized all day, shiny, and a little greasy. I didn’t like having to keep wiping my face with a tissue to keep the shine down, so nighttime usage would be preferable. I loved this so much that I gave it away to my mom, who also loves it!
So there you have it, my reviews on random products I received over the course of three months from Ipsy Glam Bag and Ipsy Glam Bag Plus! What are some of your favorites?
- Lunchbox – What to Pack for a Pre-K Student
- Ipsy Glam Bag – August 2019 Review
- Home Decor – Homegoods Finds
- Hair Style Using the Beachwaver
- Fashion Friday – 08/09/19