I know I’ve mentioned before that I really don’t wear makeup daily, but that doesn’t mean I don’t wear makeup at all! I do, at least once a week, apply makeup (usually on Friday’s and weekends since I know I”ll be in public).
Here’s what’s in my makeup bag for the month of June – most of my goodies can be purchased at local drug stores like CVS, Walgreens, or Walmart.
So we’ll start from left to right – it’s a wonder how all these products squeeze into my makeup bag, but I make it happen somehow!
- Estate Highlighter Powder – This product actually came in one of my Ipsy glam bags and I just adore it! I highlight it on my cheeks and the tip of my nose after finishing my foundation and it gives just the right amount of glow to finish off my look.
- Garnier Fructis – Clearly Brighter, Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller – I found this at my local Walgreens and chose to go with this for my constantly-tired eyes. Working full time, raising two boys, and battling insomnia certainly take its’ toll on my eyes! This has a pigment to it and rolls on cool (you can store in your fridge for additional cooling effect; helps with puffiness). I blend it in and let completely dry, then I’ll apply my primer on top.
- LA Girls – Pro Conceal High Definition Concealer – This is a dream to cover my circles after using the roller. Again, I put this on after I apply my foundation and primer – it also seconds as a highlighter because it’s a shade or so lighter than my concealer and blends super easy. Even a makeup novice like me can make it work! It also does wonders for covering up breakouts, because, well, they happen and they suck.
- L’Oreal Paris – Telescopic Mascara – OK, I definitely did some research on this mascara before purchasing, but it lived up to its’ reviews for sure. The applicator brush is super thin and flexible (I actually broke it but that’s another story – just be careful with it, FYI) and helps to separate and lengthen my lashes. I apply mascara with a little “jiggle” of the hand to help separate and it helps to keep my lashes from clumping – beware, this mascara can clump easily if you aren’t careful.
- Wet n Wild – Au Naturel eyeshadow palette in Nude Awakening – I’m going to be honest, this isn’t just my “June” go-to, it’s usually all the time. Until I received my Wander – Seascape palette in my June Glam Bag Plus, this has been my favorite eyeshadow. Now, I’ll swap between the two palettes but definitely wanted to give this one a shoutout – again, all of my makeup can be purchased affordably in your local drug stores and I’m a huge fan of Wet n Wild products. This eyeshadow is pigmented and just beautiful shades of neutral. They work well with my green eyes and the color palette allows for natural daytime makeup as well as dramatic night-time makeup. I like to mix it up between the two and would 100% purchase this palette again when I run out.
- Hard Candy – Mattifying Primer – I stole this from my Mother-in-law, not going to lie. I just really like it! A little bit goes a long way and helps to soften my creases and pores to help my foundation have a smooth base. It doesn’t feel greasy whatsoever and I’ll never use foundation without applying a primer ever again – it makes such a difference!
- L’Oreal Paris – Infallible Pro-Matte foundation – I have the tendency to bounce between a zillion foundations, looking for the right one because none of them ever seem just right…well, I stopped looking after finding this. I buy it over and over again when I run out because it’s the best around, for my skin. Doesn’t look caked or dry, matches my skin tone, and easy to spread. I love it.
- LA Girls – Blush Stick – I’m super pale so a little pop of color on my cheeks is much needed! After smoothing out my foundation, I swipe this on my cheekbones and blend – looks natural and can be as bright as you want, or a subtle as you want. Great product.
- My brushes…the pink one on the far left is one I received in my Ipsy Glam Bag and I just really like it. The two multi-colored brushes in the middle were purchased in a pack of three at my local CVS and I love the way these blend my makeup – much better than a blending sponge in my opinion! I’ll for sure purchase these again – the pack of three was only $10! The blush brush on the far right is from Eco Tools and I purchased it at Ulta years ago and it’s still going strong!
What’s in your makeup bag?
- Ipsy Glam Bag – October 2019 Review
- FabFitFun – Fall Box 2019 Review
- Ipsy Glam Bag Plus Review – Sept 2019
- Home Updates – Sept 2019
- Ipsy Glam Bag Plus – Preview Sept 2019