I’m going to share with you some of my favorite products to use before bed on the days that I focus on self-care. All of these items can be found in your local drugstore, like CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Target, etc.
Let’s start with the in-shower products:
- Argan Oil of Morocco – Hydrate and Repair Shampoo is one of my all-time favorites. The smell is amazing and it makes my hair so soft and silky – it’s just wonderful. I highly recommend this shampoo and conditioner set!
- Aveeno – Blackberry Quinoa and Protein Blend Conditioner – This is a new conditioner that I just HAD to try after seeing it in Walgreens. It smells so good. Like, really really good. It’s not strong and flowery or perfumed scented – it has a hint of fruitiness but it’s not overwhelming. It makes my hair soft as well, some conditioners just wreck my hair with heaviness but this is light and silky.
- Jergens Natural Glow – Wet Skin Moisturizer – So I’m really pale, naturally, and tanning just isn’t in the cards for me so I’m steadily looking for something that gives me a summertime glow without turning me streaky and orange. So far, I haven’t really found that. This Jergens In-Shower self tanner gives me a subtle hint of a tan which is better than what I have naturally. I use a tiny amount and just spread it over my legs, then when I get out I pat dry with my towel and kind of wipe my knees and ankles so it doesn’t build up there. So far, so good.
I toss my hair back in a towel to let dry and while my hair is pulled away from face, that’s the perfect time to wash it!
- Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion – Age Defying Exfoliator – A little background on this product – one of my friends posted on social media that she had 5 “starter boxes” for FabFitFun for only $5 – so you know I was on that in a heartbeat! I received my FabFitFun starter box about a week or so later and this product was one of the items inside – full sized and valued at roughly $40, I knew I would keep this. I didn’t do a review on the starter box because it was girls night and I excitedly handed out all the products inside. Anyway, I used this the first night I received it and it made my skin feel so smooth and soft – I love it. It is a microdermabrasion wash so I used my fingers to rub into my face for about a minute, then washed it off with a washcloth. It has tiny tiny little sand-like particles that help to scrub my face clean without hurting it. It’s a really nice product.
- Beauty 360 – Overnight Renewing Cream – This is a CVS brand and I actually like it – I rub it on my face after using the microdermabrasion cream to help bring healing back to my skin. I don’t wake up feeling greasy or heavy, which is a must for me because I hate heavy lotions on my skin.
- Hello – Activated Charcoal Epic Whitening Toothpaste – You’ve all seen the videos where people brush their teeth with activated charcoal and turn their mouth black – this is pretty much the same, but in a toothpaste instead of a powder. I like it! It has a light mint flavor so if you prefer super minty toothpaste, this is not the one for you.
- Revlon – Sugar Lip Scrub – My lips get really dry and flaky, so this product is a must! It goes on with a sugar texture, so it’s not your normal balm or chapstick. I swipe it on, rub my lips together, and let it sit on my lips. I wipe it off before I go to bed because I don’t want it getting in my hair while I sleep. It smells light and minty and it’s nice to pamper your lips now and then!
- Ipsy Glam Bag – October 2019 Review
- FabFitFun – Fall Box 2019 Review
- Ipsy Glam Bag Plus Review – Sept 2019
- Home Updates – Sept 2019
- Ipsy Glam Bag Plus – Preview Sept 2019